From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:50:56 -0500
Sometimes these little ones are like energizer bunnies.  That's how Socks
was.  He came to us in 1998 at my age estimate of 3.5 and our vets of 5
yrs.  Through the years Socks just kept going.  He became known as our
ancient.

Each morning and evening, Socks would politely stand with his front feet
in his cereal bowl, quietly waiting for me to fill it.  If I didn't pay
attention soon enough, he'd wander over to the recipe bowl and eat.
Sometimes I'd give him a few pieces of cereal first, sometimes after.
He loved his Marshamallow Mateys cereal as much as he loved his recipe.

Recently, Socks moved himself to the basement.  He normally stayed in
the dog house on the landing.  I knew something was up.  I brought Socks
upstairs and back down he went.  I took a bowl of cereal down for him.
Monday evening it was time to take Socks to have our vet evaluate and if
need be, help him leave our realm.

So ends the saga of Socks, the energizer bunny ferret, at my estimated
age of 9.5 and our vet's estimated age of 12 yrs.

In memory of Socks, please give your little ones extra loving and
playtime.

hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services