From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:06:35 EDT
I have two first ferret stories, as I have been hooked by ferrets twice.
The first time was 18 years ago.  I was working in a pet store in NY.  My
dh wanted a male silvermitt so we ordered one.  Bojangles came at 6 weeks
old and was with us for 5 years.  In the same shipment came a beautiful
little sable girl.  Some lady bought her but brought her back because she
was sneezing and her vet told her it might be distemper.  She got her
money back and I took Gwennie home.  I figured this dippy lady didn't
deserve her.  So Bo got a friend and Gwennie was with us for 9 years.

The second time around our babysitter was telling us about her ferret who
she was tired of and who was living in her basement.  The young lady told
us she "thought her mom was feeding it".  So Sugar came home with us,
even though by then I knew I was severely allergic to the little
darlings.  She was our first "preowned" ferret, but not our last.  She
lived to be 7 1/2 years old.  We all miss her alot.  Now I am on the
vet's phone list for relinquished ferrets :) much to my dh's dismay.

Jean