From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:10:15 -0500
A friend of mine has two ferrets, Dillon and Cody.  She has noticed in the
last month or so that everytime she takes them for a ride in the car, Dillon
seems to drool a lot and starts pawing at his mouth.  She brought them to my
house one day, and we ended up taking the ferrets hiking on trails down the
road.  We took my husbands truck to the trails and Dillon didn't have any
problems.  When we came back my friend had to grab something out of her car
and Dillon was in her arms.  All of the sudden he started drooling when she
opened her car door.  Hmmm.  We are very curious about this and were
wondering if anyone has ever seen this with their ferret(s).  Why would a
ferret start drooling at the site of a familiar car?

Melanie and the gang (Giz, Norm, and Moser)