From:
Matthew Colmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:55:45 CDT
Do deaf ferrets dook?

By all means they do!  I have one deaf, or at least impaired hearing.  He
may not be completely deaf.  Sometimes he has selective hearing especially
when it comes to treat time.  In fact, deaf ferrets tend to dook louder
than others.  This is the same phenomenom we experience when we cannot
hear: we simply do not know how loud we are during total or limited
silence.  My Domino also tends to shriek louder than the others.

On an unrelated note.  A while back I was looking for ferret vets in the
Galveston or at least south Houston area and received some good responses.
Thank you.  Are there any ferret owners in these areas?  I am also looking
for a sitter with ferrets that I can trust to watch my gang of four when I
leave for weekend trips.  I would appreciate any responses to the site or
directly to my email address.

Matt, Farley, Bailey, Osborn, and Domino