From:
"Ilena E. Ayala" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 22:51:56 -0400
 Maggie Mae wrote (of Bob C.)
>All I can say is you should see him in a pink angora sweater.  hehe.

That sweater isn't pink.  It's really more of a mauve.
 (grinning, ducking and running!)

Saturday after Bob headed out with six ferrets in tow (the four adorable
kits plus the two he was shuttling to OH), I headed out to the LOS show in
NJ.  This was my first time to a show.  Cute ferrets, cool stuff (oh look,
harnesses that are actually small enough to fit my little ones properly!
Bought two.) Picked up various handouts, some rabies related.  Headed back
home and stopped in Edison to check out the exotic pets expo, Oh look, cage
building supplies!  (stop and spend $)

Stopped by the Modern Ferret booth to pick up some back issues I was
interested in (this one, and this one, and that one, oh that one too!) , and
sign up for a subscription.  Wandered over to the booth next to them, which
was selling kits.  Ogled the kits briefly, then wrenched myself away
(visualize more vet bills Ilena, be strong!!!) Whew!

Wandered around to look at various other vendors, admiring baby snakes,
lizards, tarantulas, and the like.  Bought a t-shirt with tree frogs on it
for Kenny.  Found one place selling heat lamps cheaper than Petco, $tocked
up for the anoles.  Listened to loud birds squawking and wondered how people
could keep them in a home without soundproofing the bird's room.

One place was selling ionizing units to reduce odor/improve air quality.
Now, I've heard good things about these (thogh I'venever used one myself),
but what suprised me was the small size.  A room ionizer is a bit larger
than the size of a shoe box in volume; a unit to do a whole house is the
size of a SMALL stereo speaker.  Kind of pricey (starting at close to $240),
but I took info and talked to them awhile anyway.  Come winter when I keep
the windows closed I might have second thoughts about whether I want to try
one.  (They offered free in home trials.) Fortunatly for my checkbook, I had
arrived only an hour before closing time, and before I could get too bad, it
was time to go.  Headed for the door, but before I got there I spotted a
book dealer, and found another item to bring home.

-Ilena Ayala
       &
Polly & Katie ('Where's Bob, that guy that says 'Hey!' ?')