From:
Serena DeCastro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:04:11 -0600
I have been a member of the FML for about a year, but this is my first
post.  I run a small ferret supply company called Ferret Territory (sorry,
no web page yet!) in Grand Junction, Colorado.  Recently I had two homeless
MF girls show up at my door.  One of them I found a home for right away,
but the other one had all the symptoms of an adrenal tumor.  Since my other
job is as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic, I was able to get the
surgery done right away and she has now made a complete recovery - all
her hair has grown back and she is fat and playful.  Her former owner also
forgot to inform me that she is nearly blind, although it doesn't seem to
affect her very much.  It's possible her owner never noticed.  She is a
little sable, very sweet, never bites and loves to give kisses.  The
problem is my other ferrets won't accept her - they just want to kill her.
I would love to keep her, but due to a recent divorce and a need to
rearrange my house so I can accomodate a roommate, I simply will not have
space for 2 cages.  I also feel sorry for her having to live alone, she is
so playful I hate to have to keep her seperate.  I will need to find a home
for her soon, so please pass the word along to anyone you know who might be
interested.

For any of you looking for a challenge I would also like to find a home for
my sterling silver FFF female.  She is beautiful, but she will occasionally
bite.  I have tried everything to get her to stop and it just makes her
bite harder.  I decided it is just part of her personality.  I think she
resents having to share her cage with the other ferrets and she would be
happier as a single ferret or maybe with just one cagemate.

For anyone that is interested I do sell Totally Ferret ($17.95 for a 5lb
bag) and I have some very nice hammocks, sleepsacks and other accessories.
I can snail-mail brochures, or just email me for more info.

Thank you,
Serena DeCastro
Ferret Territory & The Ferret Bed & Breakfast