From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 18:40:50 -0500
                   The Last Will and testament of a Ferret
                   By Stephanie Sheme 1194 Copyrighted 1995

I am your friend the ferret, because the weight of my years and frailty of
my body are upon me, and because I realize the end is near, I hereby do
leave you my last will and testament.

My material things do not add up to much, for who has the most possessions
is a flaw of humans not of animals.  The only thing of value I can leave you
is love, compassion and trust.  These I leave to all those who have loved
me, particularly to my mistress who will grieve for me the most.  Being a
ferret I am naturally loveable, I mean not to boast, but to list all that
have loved me would take days.

I ask my mistress to remember me always, but not to grieve for to long.  I
have tried to comfort her in sorrow and chuckle with her in joy.  While no
ferret has had a happier life, I have grown old and slow with age and feel
it is time to say good-bye and go on with my great journey to ferret heaven.
It is a sorrow to leave my mistress, but to die I do not fear.  There is a
place I believe where ferrets can run free and have all the ferretone and
raisins they want.  Where we can sun on our hammocks and dig in the dirt
with no fear of other animals or ignorant humans that may harm us.  And
where I can glow in the love and warmth of my mistress.

My last request is that my mistress continues her life filled with ferrets
for they do bring her such joy and she loves them one and all, even the self
willed ones.  It would be a poor tribute for her never to have another
ferret.  Even the dogs and cats she loves so she must keep on loving, Though
not as perfect as a ferret they also bring her joy.

One last word of good-bye.  Dearest mistress, whenever you think of me say
to yourself, with regret but also with joy and love in your heart, at the
remembrance of a long and happy life with you: She loved me unconditionally
and I loved her the same.  No matter how far I seem I shall always be in
your heart.  The power of death can not keep me from doing the ferret dance
of joy when you call my name.  And when it is your turn to leave this world
I will be waiting at the gates of heaven to show you the way and welcome you
to OUR new home.

Love Always, Nellie