From:
Mary and Modern Ferret magazine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 14:39:57 -0400
Re: Pam Grant's post about BEW & silver ferrets

Knuks asked me to post that she's a girl, not a boy.  She says it's OK
because sometimes people call her a boy and call Marshmallow a girl (he's a
boy).  She blames us (her parents) for naming her & Marshmallow
non-gender-specific names.

When Knuks was a baby, she was indeed a striped ferret. That's why we bought
her.  We had never seen a striped ferret and didn't think we'd ever see
another (oh, yeah, and she was a fiesty one!).  We have since seen some that
have kept their stripes.  But Knuks, well...  she has only a few black hairs
on her butt & tail, and I suspect she will lose those eventually.  She is
only 18 months old now, so there's plenty of opportunity for her to go all
white.  There are before & after photos in Issue #5 of Modern Ferret, but I
think there are also photos on our web site (http://www.modernferret.com).
She also has dark ruby eyes - but you can only see the redish hue in the
proper lighting (or if a photoflash hits her the right way).  Her eyes are
not black, though.

The goofy part is that her name is "skunk" spelled backwards (because she
had a reverse skunk stripe - black on white instead of white on black).  The
name doesn't really fit her anymore, except perhaps that she's a stinker.
;-) Oh, well, we always did want a BEW.

-Mary & the Furry Foursome
Sabrina: "Everyone knows I'm a girl!" <note the batting eyelashes>
Ralph: "Everyone knows I'm a boy!" <note the flexing muscles>
Marshmallow: "Maybe I should grow a moustache?"
Knuks: "Maybe if you stuck a bow on my head?... Nah, Marshmallow would eat
it."