From:
Thomas Nester at SEDMMSS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 12:19:00 EDT
I wrote to the FML a few months ago asking for a list of "acceptable" ferret
treats.  Rocky (that's Mr.  Rocky to you) has been eating Purina kitten chow,
with a little Ferretone, for the last 3 years.  He has NEVER been sick.
Never.  Recently I offered him raisins - "no thank you"; I offered him
cheerios - "More, More"; I recently gave him some trail mix = variety of
nuts, raisins ===> Diarrhea!  My point being - every day someone is writing
in to the FML about their ferret's loose poop.  Not to preach but, (no flames
please) if the carpet shark is eating a normal healthy diet (towels do not
fall in this category) and is healthy, why risk making them ill by feeding
them anything else?  I would like to serve Rocky everything he desires
but.....a healthy ferre t is more important.  Firm stools forever, FFZ never.