From:
"Meg Carpenter, Chaotic Ferrets" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 03:55:32 -0500
Hi Sheena - Excellent commentary on breeders and breeding! I think that you
about said it all and very well too. The only thing that I would add is that
small breeders are not breeding for the money!  Maintaining breeding ferrets
and raising kits is an expensive and time consuming operation that entails a
lot of dedication, not to mention sleepless nights  The majority of those of
us who breed do so in an effort to bring healthy, happy hand raised kits to
people who will love them.  Our "profit" is in the joy they give.  Sound
altruistic?  Well, folks, that is simply the way it is.

Cheers, Meg