From:
Sunshine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:19:58 -0800
>From:    William Killian - Zen and the Art of Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: zen's genearl comments for the day on ferret care  as hard,
>Sorry to get off on a rant but I always HATE when people say ferrets are
>harder to care for than dogs or cats as if its always the case.  It is not.
>Which of the three is easier will vary amongst all people.  Its based on
>expectations, environment and the particular critter involved.

Ferrets are wonderful pets because they are highly entertaining and all in
all very easy to care for.  They are becoming more of a mainstream pet and
that is good.  They do not need 'special' owners anymore than all pets need
'special' owners.

Not sure if I am reading this right.  I'm a stay at home mom and ferrets
here take alot of work.  We constantly work on ferret proofing, litter
cleaning 2-3 times a day, constant watching them and other things.  Heck,
when we had a dog we cleaned the yard once a week is all..  Yes we let the
dog out a few times a day.  In my eyes and my families, ferret's take alot
of our time and work.

So for us, even tho we love them all, the work is alot daily... Sorry if I
misunderstood this comment. We have not had cats before.

Debbie