From:
AdrienneWi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:38:37 EST
Has anyone done any research into adrenal causes, and if so, did you find
any correlation between the number of occurences & the time of year?
Nikita, who had surgery in Jan 97 is starting to show symptoms again.  She
is almost 7 years old.  When I called my vet he said that he has suddenly
had a rash of adrenal problems in ferrets.  He says that there are now 4
that he is treating for this problem.  This is highly unusual, he normally
will have one or two at a time with the disease.

My vet thinks it may have something to do with the Spring.  Perhaps this is
when the ferrets system thinks that it should go into heat?  In Nikita's
case, it may be related to stress as well.  We lost Willie to Cancer in Feb.
Maybe the stress of missing her buddy is causing it to return?

I will not put her through another surgery at this stage in her life.  Does
anyone know what meds can be used to help prolong her life?

Thanks

Adrienne

Sampson, Nikita, Bear, Daisy, Oscar-da Ferrets
Sandy - da Border Collie
Rikki & Willie - da Angels