From:
Paul Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 23:55:12 -0800
Greetings from Seattle!

I am typing with one hand so I will keep this short.  I just pulled Flip
out from his hidding place under the couch and he is asleep on my lap with
his head on my arm.  I only recently discovered that I could do this; it is
the only time he is cuddly.  The rest of the time he will tolerate being
held but that's as far as it goes.  These are very sweet times, petting
him, watching him yawn and sigh, and congratulating him for being such a
very good ferret.  I'm writing this here because you are the only people
who can really understand this experience and I want to share something so
wonderful.

To:  Cheryl Black

I can't adopt this ferret but I will gladly send the $30 if someone comes
along who can't afford the costs.  Let me know at: [log in to unmask]
Good luck!

To:  Eli

I wish you and your partner all the best with your battle with AIDs and hope
you find a home for your fuzzie.  You are doing well to look at this now.
Too many people wait until the last minute and things don't get taken care
of.  I had a friend with AIDs who died last year.  He taught me so much
about prioritizing!  He knew his time was limited and he made the best of
it.  He lived more in those last months than I have lived in all of my 31
years.  May we all give, love, and live so much.

Paul

P.S.  Shithead...I mean Flip has now awoken and says, "Hi!"

      "The tide is turning...the enemy is suffering terrible losses..."
                                                -- Gen. Geo. A. Custer