From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:18:32 -0700
Today, Rosie accompanied me to the bridge to await Minka's arrival.
Rosie was twiddling her paws, waiting patiently until she arrived.  Out
of the warm glow Minka came forth.  Rosie danced and danced until Minka
leaped off the bridge and onto her.  Rosie told her that there were other
friends waiting for her, but they were napping.  Minka was appalled at
this and after I introduced myself, she asked if we could go see them.
Minka took right to her wings, and without so much as a lesson, she took
right to the skies with us.  With the wind blowing through her halo, we
ascended to the hammies in the clouds.  There Cinnamon, Pepper, Sabrina,
Wrigley, Zoey, Jillian, Marble, Snoopy, Casey, Pebbles, Rosie all were
napping in a big nest with smiles across their faces.  With a scowl,
Minka grabbed a piece of cloud and wrung it out on top of them.  Soaked
and stunned they all jumped up to see Minka standing before them.  They
were joyful to see Minka had arrived.  But Minka was annoyed.

She said they were wasting good time sleeping.  And she told him to grab
their halos so they could spend some time together.  I told Minka, that
there was lots to see and endless time to see it in while she was waiting
on her mommy.  Minka shot the little ones a look, then smiled at me and
announced that she would find plenty to do.  I took a break and told them
that I"d meet up with them later to show Minka the soup bowl, sofa city
and the rest.  What came next was told to me by Rosie later.

Minka asked the others where the doggies stay.  Rosie, immediately (or so
she says) said, "Oh no, Minka, I know what you are thinking ... don't!"
The others out voted her and asked that Minka take them on an adventure
to the doggie place.  So off they went, slinking and sneaking through the
tall grasses of the meadows.  Past the daisy field, the stream where the
mink fish, and then the woods where the badgers burrow.  They finally
came to doggie land.

Hiding in the brush, they stung grasses all through their fur for
camouflage (including Rosie because she was keeping an eye out for
Mink ... or so she says).  They dodged in and out from behind balls,
giant bones, and finally ... the doggie bowls.  Minka proceeded to lift
one kibble after another out of a bowl.  She told the others that this
was how it was done.  They began passing kibbles down the line and handed
the last ones to Rosie.  A bloodhound, caught a wiff of them, rose from
his sleep and with great huffs began to take in the smells.  Minka let
out a great war cry, laughed, and dashed away with the last kibble.  The
other ferrets scattered and the shocked bloodhound barely knew what hit
him.  Everyone toted the kibbles back to where the ferrets live, and
handed them out.  I couldn't believe that they'd go through all of that
trouble to only give away most of the bounty.  But Rosie said that Minka
claims that the treat is only half of the thrill.  Rosie says that Minka
claims that there will be many more raids and thrills.  But Rosie has
assured me, that she would notify me right away after ... er before Minka
ever acts out again.

Personally, I think the mischief has only begun and that was a warm up.
I think she is fine tuning herself and putting the others in training so
that she can give her mom an eternity of smiles when they meet once
again.

Sandee