Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:00:10 -0500
Hi everybody!  Here's my debut into the FML community.  I'm a new member of
the FML--I joined not even a week ago.  I've been keeping myself in the
wings while quietly reading all of your messages, but I would really like
to introduce myself now.  My name is Kelly, and I'd like to say that I am
extremely impressed with the FML.  There is SO much information offered, so
many kind and good-hearted people, and so many truly caring messages.  I'm
very happy to be a part of it now, and I can't believe what I was missing.
I and my better half Mike have been owned by ferrets for (only) 6 months
now, but we have had a deep interest in ferrets for years.  We have two
absolutely adorable fuzzies.  One is a MF sable gib named Hoser, and my
other boy is a shelter adoptee, cinnamon, named Maxwell.  They are both
very healthy, happy, and spunky!

Currently we are looking for another fuzzy, one that really needs a good
home.  I have been doing a lot of searching in my papers and on the
internet, through classifieds, but I haven't really found much.  The
shelter where we got Max is actually empty right now (which is a good
thing!), and we will not buy one for $200 at a pet store (which is very
hard sometimes, because I see how lonely and miserable those kits are in
that HORRIBLE glass tank and those wood shavings).  I've already emailed a
couple of the people who have posted messages concerning ferrets who are
looking for adoption, but I haven't received any responses yet.  I guess I
am asking all of you fellow FMLers if you know of a ferret in need of a
home, because Mike and I are ready to take another one in (oh man, ferret
math has hit us too!  :o) ).  We would love to hear from you if you have
any information or suggestions.  Oh, but one more thing.  We live in New
York, and it would be difficult for us to travel very far out of the state
to get a fuzzy, due to time constraints.  But please still email me and
maybe we can work something out.  :o)

Thanks everybody and hope to hear from at least some of you soon!
Happy Holidays!!

Sincerely,

Kelly, Mike, and the boys
Rochester New York, USA