From:
Nathania <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:29:36 +0200
I thought I should post my response to Kirstin's response of my previous
posting, just beacuse I think she brougth up some issues that, well, she
might not be the one pondering.  I just want to clear things up.  First
off, thank you Kirstin for your reply, it helped tremendously.

>In the future, you might think about keeping the ferrets in separate
>rooms for a few days.  When people on the FML talk about quarantine they
>are not kidding.  Ferrets can get sick very easily and you want to make
>sure that you new guy is not sick before your introduce him to your
>existing ferret.  I hope that you got your kids from a shelter not a pet
>store (if you did get them from a pet store remember next time to check
>your local shelter first, they have the bestest ferrets in the whole
>wide world).

Unfortunately, Kirstin, I live in Paris, France, and there are no ferret
shelters at all.  I checked Belgium, Spain and Italy as well, and no
luck.  I have no choice but to get my fuzzies from a pet store.  Although
there are ferrets in need of homes in shelters throughout the united
states, I see the ferrest in their tiny boxes with neon lights glaring
on top of them, 6 in a tiny glass box, and I feel bad for them.  To me,
ferrets in pet stores deserve as much of a chance as ferrest in shelters.
Of course, if there was a shelter in my area, i would go there without a
second thought...i am just justifying my getting ferrets at a store.

>Calypso is also a nymph from the odyssey in the classic novel so you
>could name him Homer (who wrote the book) or Odysseus.

Thats actually who I named her after :)  Still don't have a name for the
guy yet but if I'm sticking to the Odyssey, it will have to be Poseidon,
and otherwise i'm contemplating Zippo.

Thanks for letting me clear this up.  i just dont want to come off as a
person who doesnt care, doesnt know, and doesnt want to know about the
best way to save our favorite creatures.

take care all
nathania, Calypso and still nameless huge guy