From:
DEBBIE BAMBRIELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:00:43 -0800
We have had a rescue ferret now for almost five months.  She was
introduced to our five by being in a new room with one ferret at a time,
in the territory area with one at a time, two at a time and so on.  Only
one of the five has bonded with her.  She seems to get eaten alive by some
of the remaining four ferrets.  Bitter apple, vitamin E on the neck still
isn't helping at all.  Even tho all six will get along to a degree, the
newbie is still getting eaten alive with sores on the neck area.  We
thought all six could be friends, but you would never say this when she
is stuck in their cage.  We have tried so many tricks to introduce her
with little luck.  Any suggestions?  Have been a ferret owner for three
years and we just can't seem to introduce to the newbie without being
hurt.

Tracker