From:
Melissa Russo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:43:15 EDT
Randy Horton:
>So, I would like to take this opportunity to rub salt in the wound so to
>speak.  For those of you who let those ferrets loose and caused many
>deaths and much suffering to all involved( especially the fuzzies), you
>are not only stupid, but cowards.  I hope you never have offspring to grow
>up and learn your ways of life.  I also hope that the good people around
>the world will speak out against you and the horrible thing that you have
>done.  If those ferrets had been mine, their would be no place on planet
>earth for you to hide.  As it is, I will carry the anger for what you did
>around with me for quite awhile I suspect and pray that you never have
>the stupidity to do this again.

I wouldn't necessarily be *THAT* harsh on these people.  Yes, I agree
that it was a stupid thing to do and that it caused a lot of trouble.
But I still think these people may have good hearts.  A bit misguided,
definitely.  They obviously didn't know much about ferrets!  Yet I feel
like they thought they were doing a good and noble thing.  They had the
welfare of the animals in mind, even if they didn't realize that they would
be worse off in the wild.  Luckily, God was looking out for all the little
fuzzies, and I last heard that all but two had been found.  Maybe something
good will come out of it-even though it doesn't sound like Bruce should
have been a target anyway, maybe other breeders will hear the story and
straighten up their act some.  Again, I'm not defending these people,
I'm just saying I wouldn't stalk them to the ends of the earth and then
sterilize them!

-M & her zoo: Pumpkin the dog, Willy the cat, Bandit the ferret, and
Patches & Matty bunnies!

PS-Don't flame me-I'm just trying to be optimistic! :)
Melissa Russo

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
                        -George Eliot