From:
Sarah Branham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:11:07 EDT
Alas..another inquiry from the new mommy.  Sorry I sound so uneducated as
Lord knows I've posted many questions in the past few days.  But...I am
already at my wits end and up to my ears in ferret poo (peew)!!  My ferret
seems to just simply poop a lot.  She spends the night and part of the day
in a 4 story condo, the bottom covered in newspaper and a litter pan.  I
myself retire at 1am and awake at 7am.  I do this, only to find at least 4
corners of the cage dirtied by the fuzz butt, not to mention the litter pan
in another corner.  I have to tear down my cage everyday and am "scooping
poop" for a considerable amount of time.  She is litter trained.  I know
they are finicky about their dirty litter, but one or two uses and it's off
to another corner.  Remember each corner has "multiple uses" in them.  This
DOES NOT include what she leaves during the day.  She sleeps in the top
story, whereas the pan is in the bottom.  Is she simply too lazy to go to
the pan?  Is it just part of correcting her habits?  and if so, how do i
stop it without confusing her?  Is it normal for them to "visit the little
fuzzy's powder room" so much during a 6-8 hour period?  I've not run across
any kind of info on this, and any comments or info would be greatly
appreciated in advance.

 -Sarah and Ginger (aka give me a corner and I'll take care of the rest)