From:
"Bostrom, Michael A" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:08:58 -0800
Howdy,

I went to the ferret show this weekend in Seattle.  It was my first ferret
show ever.  And I learned the shows themselves are really boring.  It's just
some people looking and at bunch of ferrets.  I'm sure it was quite exciting
for the people that were actually showing ferrets and it probably would've
been more interesting to me if I was showing some of my ferrets.  But when
you own four unruly ferrets who are completely lacking in the social graces
necessary for a public outing, you have to go to ferret shows sans ferrets.

This is not to say I didn't have a good time.  In fact I had a great time.
I got to meet many ferret people.  I got to meet Jeanne Carley of Ferret
Calendar and California Legalization fame, who came up from CaCa Land for
the show.  It was quite exciting to talk to someone from the FML from
further away than the local people.  (Not to say that it is not exciting to
talk to the local people).  Especially since I wasn't able to go the FML
10th.  She had the usual Ferret Calendar-related stuff and also the cover
for next years Ferret Calendar which will have a ferrets around the world
theme.  She was eager to talk about ferts and the legalization effort in CA.
We also talked about the making of the calendars.  I never realized the
amount of work that goes into one of those.

The WarmFuzzy people were also there all the way from Pennsylvania with many
excellent ferret products.  There were also other booths with a myriad other
ferret supplies.  I was lucky to get out of there only buying one T-shirt.
That is another reason I didn't bring my ferrets with me, they would've
coerced my into buying them more stuff.

Sorry, Ed, I didn't take a video, pictures or any other form of
documentation, so I can't help you there.  All in all, I had a real good
time and enjoyed meeting all the ferret people(who are probably wondering
which one I was).

Gesundheit, Volkswagen (Ed's not the only one who can sign off in
German),

Limejello & The Weezils of Doom

"If vegetable oil is made of vegetables, what is baby oil made of?"