From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 20:27:50 -0500
Sobriety's passing has certainly not been easy.  I thought that Misty and
Charity would really miss him but they didn't even seem to notice his
absence for the first week or so.  Charity, who was bubbly, wild, and
curious all week long, has suddenly become very lethargic.  I don't know if
she is sick or if she just figured out that Sobriety is gone and is
grieving.

Her eyes look fine.  They are shiny and bright looking.  Her nose is pink
with no visible discharge from the nostrils.  Her gums are pink.  Whiskers
stick out like normal.  I have not noticed any diarrhea or change in
consistancy or color or amount of stool in her box.  She is not sneezing or
wheezing or coughing.  She does not sound congested that I can tell.  She is
not dehydrated.

Charity is refusing food but she does drink quite often from her water bowl--
especially upon waking up.  Upon arriving home at night, she is not even
scratching on her door to get out as she usually does.  She just sleeps all
of the time.  I bring her upstairs to let her exercise and she either flops
down on the floor and just lays there, or she high tails it downstairs back
into the sleeping bag.  She actually stays still enough for me to hold her
and pet her so now I know something is definitely wrong with her.  She never
sits still for me to hold or pet her because she is usually on the go.

I've tried giving her extra love the past few days and I've been giving her
small amounts of Triaminic (orange, no alcohol) just incase she is starting
a cold or something. I have been giving her more raisins than normal lately
( no more than 2 per day) because I feel so bad that she lost her best
buddy.  Could this cause a problem or a blockage of some sort?

Can anyone advise me on what is happening?  Could she be sick?  Is she
grieving?  If she is depressed, how long does this last and when does it
become serious?  Since Sobriety is the first fuzzy I've lost, I don't know a
whole lot about what to expect from the others.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.  Please send e-mail or post to FML.

Thanks!
Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty and Charity
In Loving Memory of Sobriety.