From:
Maureen Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 08:14:24 -0500
Happpy Holidays everyone,
I've not posted in a while but I've kept up with you'all.  I'm in the
process of catching up with the last seven issues.  I read the present day's
offering and the oldest.  Eventually I'll catch up!

I noticed the Humane Soc.  issue and I don't know if anyone has mentioned it
yet but Connecticut doesn't release any ferrets to people for adoption.
They turn them all over to FACT.  (The Ferret Association of Ct.) I'm happy
in this knowledge, and hope other Humane Soc.  shelters follow suit.

Someone asked about the lifespan of ferrets....We have 7, the oldest being 6
1/2 years old.  We've not had any illness (serious) and our oldest is just
as spry although her hair has lightened considerably.  Just last
year...we've seen rat tail and we're hoping it's nothing more serious.  One
of our rescues had hair loss on just the base (about 2 inches) where her
tail starts.  It's regrown but not completely.  She also has "bumps" on the
sides of her neck.  They bleed when the guys are too rough with her.  We
asked the vet and he's watching them.

My heart goes out to anyone who's fuzzy is sick or recently passed away.
These little guys give us so much pleasure..the least we can do is take 100%
care of them.

            Moe and the silky seven