Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:27:12 -0400
The American Board of Veterinary Practitioners is accredited by the
American Veterinary Medical Association to provide board certifications
in nine species categories, including Exotic Companion Mammals. The
main focus of Exotic Companion Mammal Practice is the traditional
'pocket pets' including ferrets, rabbits, mice, rats, and other
small pet mammals. Veterinarians who certify in this category become
ABVP-boarded Diplomates, certified in Exotic Companion Mammal Practice.
Exotic Companion Mammal Practice was granted provisional status in
2008 and will accept applications by January 15, 2009 for the 2009
examination.

I hope this will mean better ferret vets, as during Rocky's 8 yrs I was
unable to find one I trusted (after seeing 11 vets!). And, of course,
none of them would listen to me, even though I did extensive research,
learned from you guys, and corresponded with ferret vets in other
states.

I am thinking of getting another ferret. Life just isn't the same
without a weasel running around the house.

If anyone in the NYC/nearby NJ area knows of a good ferret vet, please
let me know.

Shron
Missing Rocky