From:
"Denise L. Voskuil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 17:25:56 -0600
>From:    Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
>lucky, they will be legal in those states in the near future).  What I don't
>understand is if a ferret is legal in a state, say NY, then how can they not
>be allowed in certain cities or counties of the state where they are
>supposed to be legal????

From what I understand, it's not that they're _legal_ in NY state, but that
they aren't _illegal_; there's a difference.  City laws can supercede state
laws, in this sort of case, just as state ones can supercede national laws.
(Another example would be the differing "obscenity" laws in the US.)

- Denise
--
Denise Voskuil - [log in to unmask]@eden.com - http://www.mcs.net/~dvoskuil/
Hepcats home page= http://www.mcs.net/~dvoskuil/hepcats/