Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:53:52 -0400
Dear Bob,

I am referring to an old post; trying to catch up.

Thanks for the info on milk.  Rocky doesn't seem to like it much, but he
loves butter, which I give him on occasion when I don't have any fat to
go with his chicken.  He does get some lose stools, but I think it's
probably the fat more than the milk because he'll get loss stool from
olive oil/ferretone mix.

What size pieces of raw chicken do you feed your ferrets?  And how much
does each eat?

Regarding things that interfere with reproduction:
Plastic bottles: Rocky won't drink any water that's come in a plastic
bottle or that sits in a plastic pitcher.  Doesn't eat out of plastic
bowls either.
Food: he won't eat any chicken that has hormones and antibiotics in it.

He must have some strong natural instincts or a very keen sense of smell,
though he no change in this lifetime of reproducing.  I hope these quirks
of his serve some purpose for a domestic ferret, hopefully making him
healthier than average.

Very interesting discussion of teste size.  I've noticed that mice seem
to have large ones, proportionally speaking.  Most interesting is that
ferrets keep them hidden inside until they need them.

I don't know if you've already done so, but you should write a book about
ferrets, given your vast knowledge and interesting info.  Thanks again.

Shron & Rocky