Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 11:33:07 EDT
This Sunday it will be 14 days since Mary Ann Staffire lost her ferret and
her home to a horrible fire.

Mary Ann is now in a rented trailer.  Investigations of the fire are
continuing.

Sue Thomas has been receiving your cards and letters of condolence and
giving them to Mary Ann.  Also many of you have sent clothing and other
necessary items so that Mary Ann can start trying to rebuild her life.

Ferret people are the very best.

Mary Ann is doing as well as can be expected - she has finally accepted the
fact that the ferrets have crossed the Rainbow Bridge - from reports from
Sue Mary Ann cries quite a bit, also she is having problems completing
sentences and trains of thought.  Mary Ann's doctors says this is normal for
the type of trama Mary Ann has experienced with the fire.

Mary Ann has a very difficult time writing (due to the injuries to her
hands, wrist, and arms after the 18 wheel truck struck her car head on) so
Sue Thomas is writting to everyone who sent cards, letters or packages to
Mary Ann.  Mary Ann will sign all the letters and cards.

I will see Mary Ann again this Sunday and give her all the FMLer's love.

Thank you all for helping Mary Ann.  I expect to bring back a letter from
her to put on the FML so it should be in your Tuesday FML (my computer at
home isn't great so I will have to do it from work).

In memory of Sprike, Sprite, Rody and Dedria

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International