From:
Lacey Ruddell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2009 22:59:51 -0800
I just wanted to stop and let everyone know who has donated, called,
emailed and had this shelter in their thoughts has been a lot what has
kept me going. It has been a mess so far and there is so much to do
physically and financially. I haven't had a lot of help physically here
at the shelter, so today I had to take a little light break since my
body didn't want to move from the work I have been doing. Plus I have
a lot of ferrets in my house that needed attention today with their
needs. I have been trying to get things to some foster homes today and
more supplies for cleaning the shelter. I have also had to tend to some
sicky ferrets that were put in foster homes too, in which can be time
consuming. I don't know how many dump runs have been made and how many
times I have been to Home Depot & Lowes. My work has only let me off
until Friday. After that I will hit and miss before work and after work
until it is hopefully back to normal. Some things take time, as in for
stuff to dry out from the water. Also assessing what costs are coming
up and what damage has been done. I'm trying to line up people for up
coming plumbing, doing electrical work and other things I'm not able
to do.

Today I had to sit back and tell myself it will be ok. It has amazed me
to people have made donations who I don't even know that want to help
the shelter. It has made me believe running on empty this week and not
giving up is worth it. Plus I couldn't give up on the ferrets. I can
not express my gratitude to all of you out there for what you have done
so far. I have now been crying from everyone who has had the shelter
in their thoughts, I didn't know so many would (Its a good thing, its
happiness crying). I just wanted to up date and let people know who
wanted to know where we were at. The web site has been updated today
with pictures of the last few days of events and a narrative of what
happened also. I will try and let you know more progress shortly.

Thanks you to all,

Lacey Ruddell
Ferret City Shelter & Rescue
www.ferretcityshelter.org