From:
Bridget Ebeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:51:49 -0700
Weasel left us Easter Sunday at 4pm.  Weasel was my first furkid, we
"found" each other 4yrs ago and he was a joy to me ever since.  My sweet
baby had been acting tired and I noticed his gums were not pink, the vet
found his spleen enlarged and we scheduled him for exploratory surgery.
His spleen had to be removed and his liver was biopsied (since he was
anemic it was cauterized).  My baby came home all stapled up and we
thought everything would go fine (even the vet), but a week later he
seemed to be doing worse and we did some more blood work.  The results
were heartbreaking Weasel wasn't reproducing red bloodcells, I decided to
take him home for the weekend.  Dr Michelle gave me more antibiotics and
some prednisone (there was a slim chance it might help).  Sunday morning
my mother suggested I let the other ferrets see Weasel to say goodbye.
He died in my boyfriend's arms.  (the other babies didn't hurt him they
all came and laid with him and licked his ears and neck)  We buried Mr
Weasel under our bedroom window with his favorite t shirt.  Weasel was a
joy and is sorely missed by many.

Weaselmommie and J
w\ Stanbaby, Poohbody, Monkey Mitts, SquirrelBaby, & Greyhawk