Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:27:35 -0800
Hi,

>I can report that when my husband was in the Netherlands for a conference
>a couple years ago, he saw ferrets in the grocery store.... The pair were
>in a cart being wheeled around the store by their owners.... Europeans
>seem to be much less paranoid about allowing animals into grocery stores
>and restaurants than we Americans are.

that is not completely true.  I live in the Netherlands.... Dogs are not
allowed in grocery stores and actually ferrets aren't either.  But in soms
shops they allow ferrets as long as they are not on the floor.  In most
restaurants my ferrets aren't allowed.  I have been in 1 restaurant were
I could take them in without a problem.  But most of the time the manager
gets a bit angry....

Bye Esther