From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 12:23:31 -0500
>From:    Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Here we go again...
>
>Now the Killians are questioning if people are breeders?  I was not
>aware that in order to agree with Lisette on certain things that it
>required anyone to be a breeder.  I was not aware that in order to
>agree with Lisette on certain things that it required anyone to be a
>breeder.

You were specifically talking to Lisette about your ferretry.  That word is
a word used by ferret breeders as a parallel to the word cattery meaning
where cats are bred.  If you meant something else perhaps it would have
been less confusing to use a more proper term.  Just as "dogry" or "catry"
do not mean the ownership of dogs or cats, "ferretry" does not mean the
ownership of ferrets.  We believe we have pointed that out before.

We would encourage others to use the word "ferretry" in the more accepted
sense so that people do not get even more confused.  There can be much pain
from words used improperly.  If one were to say or write something meant
innocuously but with the wrong words it could mean something far less
benign to someone who uses that word more properly.  For example a shelter
that adamantly opposes breeding could be hurt if someone were to say "I
like your ferretry" misusing the word similarly to Danielle's usage.

>No need to explain, I don't spend much time on illogical comments.

Just enough time to write long posts.  But not enough to learn the meanings
of words in those posts.

>To others who have also experienced directives such as these

Who is telling you what to do?  We certainly aren't commanding anything.
Or is this just more confusion of words?  You were referring to an
interrogative, a question.

>My girlfriend calls it low self-esteem.

So how is Debbie?  Fortunately she seems to be avoiding the newsgroup.  But
please do not make amateur and derogatory comments on our psychological
state that are highly inaccurate.  That would be a request not a demand at
this point.

>I call it nastiness.  Whatever your definition is, STOP!

So.  You are making the accusation and the directive.  This is rather
confusing.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets