From:
Krista Sorra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:26:52 -0800
This is a great topic, I went researching different substitutions for
chemicals and I found a few things.

Baking soda is awsome, it takes out ferret odors very well.  Just
sprinkle on carpet or floor, or bedding (I put it in the washing
machine with the bedding) and leave on overnight or 30 min to an
hour and vacuum up.

I havent tried this, but cider vineger is supposed to take urine stains
out.

I found a disinfectant recipie, boil two cups of water and steep for I
think 20-30 minutes with fresh Thyme.  I imagine this would be fine for
cage cleaning.

I also found this product online
http://www.healthypetnet.com/products/petfriendly/micro_biodeodorizer.asp
?realname=10037649