From:
GREGORY A SCOTT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 04:30:05 +0000
Greeting fellow ferret lovers,

Condolences to those who's ferrets have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  I
share your pain.

We have lost 2 of our 9 rescues in the last 6 weeks.  Loki, a tiny albino
girl, had no reserve of fat to help get her through not eating and
diarrhea, when she became ill.  Dr. Svoboda, the most wonderful ferret
vet in all of Arizona, and our love could not save her.

Mojo, our very 1st ferret, my dearest man, crossed last Tuesday, early
a.m.  He had grown a tumor in his abdomen.  Dr. Svoboda could not remove
all of it because it was attached to the vena cava.  Dr. Svoboda was
surprised that Mojo did no bleed out during surgery.  He had severe
bruising on his tummy due to hemorrhaging.  We were all surprised he
lived through the surgery and then survived the night.  He came home
theday after his surgery, in the evening.  He was happy and more
energetic than he had been in weeks.  He was up to his old tricks -
following me to the kitchen to beg for ferret treats or Nutri-cal with
those wonderful brown eyes.  My daughter began calling him the treat
magician.  He could make a treat disappear so quickly, as if by magic.
He remained healthy for a month.  Then he became lethargic.  Dr. Svoboda
diagnosed a stroke - a blood clot probably tore away from piece of the
tumorattatched to the vena cava.  It had doubled/tripled in size from
what it had been when his surgery was finished.  We brought him home.
By Monday, he allowed me to hold him all day long, which attests to how
ill he was.  He passed about 3 a.m. Tuesday, October 7th.  My treat
magician is greatly missed!!

We prolonged thier lives with love and Dr. Svoboda's help.

My husband did not complain when we paid out $1,500.00 in vet bills in
less than 6 weeks.  We are still catching up.  Rent was late, as well as
other bills.

Now Jake, a 2 1/2 year old dark sable is losing hair on his hind feet and
has a lump on the right side of his abdomen.  I am assuming adrenal.  I
would rather not wait to get him in to see Dr. Svoboda.  Mojo's tumor
grew so fast!  I worry that Jake's may too.  I figure his vet bill will
be around $600.00.  If only the vet bills would have been spread out more
than mere weeks.  We would have had less problems absorbing the costs.
We have taked about finding a good home for 2 or 3 of our younger,
healthy ferrets.  I love them so much and it would feel like giving up
one of our 5 skin kids...

A neighbor of ours who is also an animal lover used to say when she died
she wanted to come back as one of her animals because they are so loved
and well taken care of.  She now honors me by saying when she comes back
she wants to be one of my ferrets!'

In an effort to loosen up our finances and to get Jakey in to see the vet
I have become a Pampered Chef consultant.  Pampered Chef sells wonderful
kitchen products.  You can check them out at www.pamperedchef.com.  Some
people say they are expensive.  I say "Are they?   If they last years
longer than cheaper items."

If you are in need of any Pampered Chef items you can email me at
[log in to unmask] or call me at 623-931-9481.  We can get your items
ordered and shipped from the warehouse straight to you.  You can order
the gift boxes online with my consultant number, 368192.  Hopefully,
next year you will be able to order all of the products online.

Thank you and GOD BLESS.

Teresa, Greg, Adam, Dane, Samantha, Sean and Cody Scott
Along with Cassie, Andi, Jynx, Jake, Tawny, Max, and Teddy.  Missing Loki
and Mojo.

PS It would be wonderful for those of us ferret lovers who are
experiencing high vet bills to have a website where we can sell our
wares to other ferret lovers.  Anyone good with computers want to give
it a try? :-)