From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:09:19 EDT
To Brandi

I see you have a situation.  Everyday people have changes that go on in
their lives.  Some people try to accommodate with what they have.  You
write to the website asking for some help with your current status.  But,
yet you ask us not to flame.  This is a particular concern of some of
us.  People seek out to get this type or any type of pet and when there
is an inconvience or reason why they can't spend time with the pet.  They
decide it's better to let someone else take the pet.  There is a window
I call a six month window when people, get a pet and realize there is
some commitment to really have to do something everyday with that pet
everyday.  They start to think what if I didn't have, I could.  You did
make it 8 months.  There maybe someone who will take the ferret.  I am
sure there is.

You stated in you tried to take care of her and show your mother you
had responsibility to do so.  The key word in that statement is tried.
Now you are on your own and you don't have time.  Young lady that is an
excuse.  But, it's yours.  I feel this was never a pet purchase that
should have ever happened.  You got into something that you want out of.
We all make mistakes.  That is how some people learn.  But, please do not
consider getting another pet until you are more settled in life.

Here's another senairo.  I am living by myself and a flash comes into
mind.  I don't have my ferret anymore because he required so much work
and committment.... But, I would like some type of pet............ They
all require attention of some sort..... Please learn from this....... I
have always had pets around except when I lived in the military barracks
for a couple of years....... When I had my own place I loved to party,
go out and do whatever came across my mind.  But, I had a pet that was
always being cared for.  If I had to deploy I did have a family member
that I would drive 4 hours out in one night to leave my pet and come back
to get ready to deploy.... As soon as I landed I was off to get my pet.
He was my responsibility......

Everyone is different in how they handle situations.  This is not a flame
but something to consider.  I have seen this happen so much when I worked
in a pet store.  I started did something one time.  I couldn't talk some
people out of a purchase that I knew where not going take good care of.
So, I suggested they get the ferret that I liked.  4 months later, I got
him........ Don't blame the pet store for the sale.  She had a parent or
parents.  They knew her living habits.

Take care of all.
Benita