From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 01:11:40 EDT
>I have been doing a little research over the Internet about ferrets over
>the last few days and am finding out some rather distressing things
>about these little creatures.  They seem to get a lot of bad cancers and
>diseases, their life expectency is not too great, and a good ferret vet
>can be harder to find and more expensive then I would have ever guessed.

Well let's see.  To some of us they are children.  We can't wait to get
home and let them out to play.  Their kisses are unequalled.  Their love
is unconditional.  My first two got me through a terrible time 4 years
ago with my son; and 2 years ago up until now with 2 difficult brain
surgeries on my husband.  I'd come up to my office at night and just cry
and hold Miss Jazz.  She'd give me kisses, Calvin would steal my silky
underwear, and dook, and dance and in a little while I'd be laughing and
running around with them.  They are bright lights in the dark.  They are
sanity savers.  Some would say they are their life-savers.  They are
therapy and they are love, with bright shining spirits behind their
little bright eyes.

Please don't deprive yourself of all of this for the "possibility" of a
disease, or for an expense.  They far outweigh any hardship we as humans
may experience.  The support groups such as this list can always help!
I'd do it again, and I will have ferrets for the rest of my life.

Warmly ~
Mary C