From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 00:16:40 -0800
>From:    Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Other pet lists, the playful weasel, ferret reference
>Finally, the discussion turned to the price of these puppies, and many of
>the breeders agreed that if a prospective owner could not afford the $1000
>purchase price, they could not afford the vet care and upkeep of these pets.

Same thing is said about the price of ferrets.  Only it isn't usually
anywhere close to $1000.  Its one of the reasons some shelters claim they
charge an adoption fee.  We think that unfortunately it is easier for
financially strapped folks to achieve $100 purchase price once that a $200
vet bill without warning.  We agree one has little to do with the other.

On another note, we've noticed that the dog breeders that seem the most
knowledgable and trustworthy also are the ones most interested in what we
can tell them about breeding and showing ferrets.  Same is true of rabbit
breeders we've talked to.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/