From:
Onyx and Shamrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:35:53 -0600
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
Did it again....  found a bad situation and brought home another ferret...
this time i do believe i am way over my head.  We brought home a jill last
night that is extraordinarily quick to bite.  She is slightly over a year
old, was bred by the gentleman we got her from (her mother was known as
"little b****h...  hereditary?) and kept strictly for breeding purposes...
his intention was to breed her back to her father.  *sigh* anyway...  she
has drawn blood through clothes, gloves, and the soft carrier we were
transporting her in.  I am going to get bitter apple today and see if that
deters her at all.  If anyone would like to send me (privately) accounts of
their own travails with a biter i would appreciate it.  I'm especially
interested in knowing if i even have a chance with this little girl, or if
the chances are better that she will never be trustworthy.  I don't believe
she has ever been abused, just never handled.

val