From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 1996 08:03:19 EDT
Hi..the Foggy kid is becoming a real menace and the singe twins are mending
with no [crossed fingers] signs of infection or related problems..  the new
addition has several puncture wounds usually seen in critters that closely
missed being coyote lunch in that area so is in quarantine and altho very
light and dehydrated and scared out of his tiny mind..he is coming about and
getting his own back rapidly..now to see what damage his mind and spirit
took..  these kids rarely do much more than try to sneak sadly thru
life..we'll see how he goes and when out of quarantine and healthy..I am
hoping he gets his ferret bounce back... Blind Cynthy is doing fine with her
equally newly blind Mommy who is out of the dumps and trying new things with
her inspiration always near at hand... and the phone number in the fast dial
mode to channel four news desk so she can get a person I knows attention and
a mini cam to her FAST in case any 'authority' types try for her fur
kid...she is prepared to lock herself in a ladies room and defend till the
news team gets there and Boy will that make the 'Hot Shots' look
terrific..trying to confiscate a blind companion of a blind lady..  she and
the fur kid are very mutually dependent and her therapist has made it clear
it is in the best interests of his patients mental and physical well being
that this particular companion animal be permitted 'special status' and a
permit to own be issued accordingly... that request with all the attendant
mountain of evidence etc.  is on its way to make some official wish he was
on Mars..real soon..should be interesting to watch this little confrontation
develop...

Miss Wiggles has still not found her companion human and waits patiently
while 'Mothering' the Foggy critter.  She is the sweetest, most gentle
little girl...a total sweetheart!

About Fanglady...I never intended to imply this gal was not up to a
showdown.. but everyone has days when one more confrontation throws us into
overload and she has had a tough time lately.I was obviously very wrong..I
wouldn't want to tangle with her if she was mad at me!!  :]

Cat food and Ferret food... as I understand it [talked to the lab boys] cat
food is designed to breakdown in stages that are timed to the much longer
gut of the cat..while it is far to slow for the ferret so lots ends up in
the litter pan..while ferret food is timed to break down very quickly and is
tailored to the short gut of the ferret..so it stays in the ferret and very
little gets to the litter pan..  works for me!

A note...camels hair brushes are not made of camel hair [their hair is fuzzy
and curly, like a sheep about] those very expensive 'camels hair' brushes
are made o ferret hair..guard hair to be precise.  I will never look at a
brush rack in the same way again!  much less own one of them!

Erin and the clumping litter layer on bottom and other safe litter on top
layer..Smart girl..very Clever!

Little tip to make litter pan and corner carpet and/or wire cleanup easier
and faster..coat the cage wire and litter pans with a double spray coast of
Pam..nothing sticks to that spray..it is vegetable based so won't hurt the
fuzzys and makes clean up a quick easy chore..  and wire cleanup and carpet
[if well coated] is very easy and complete too.

 more later...dayna  :]  Keep on Dookin!
 dayna frazier   102046,3162
'resident of the 'Marvellous Menagerie of Mirthful Mayhem'
             MMOMM!!!