From:
nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 05:45:14 -0700
Hello,
I am in the Houston, TX area. I have found that every vet, is not
necesarily a good ferret vet.

In Houston, we were referred to go to the following clinic:

Northwest:
Copperfield Animal Clinic
Dr Sharman Hoppes
15606 Ridge Park Dr
(281-859-4430)

I have seen this clinic and the vet's name on other listings around
the Ferret World.

I strongly, strongly protest the listing or recommending of Dr. Hoppes
and her clinic. This clinic should not be promoted at all. That woman
knows nothing about operating on Ferrets. I am a Ferret Owner and have
been for 15 years. I have had 8 Ferrets and currently have 4. We took
our sick girl Sheba, to Dr. Hoppes and a tumor was diagnosed. So we
were presented with the option of surgery. We paid the money, I mean
alot of money, and did the surgery. The surgery was done, but the place
where she cut the ferret was patched up so sloppy, the scar was so
long, the staples on her skin were so big, it was a nightmare!!!! The
scar was almost as long as the ferret's underbelly. It was a very
sloppy looking job! Sheba, our little ferret passed on from us about
2 weeks later after suffering constant seizures.

We will never, ever go back to that Vet again. I think she did more
to hurt us, than to help us. It is like she was experimenting on the
little girl. Maybe the vet can do a checkup on a Ferret, but she damn
well can't do surgery on one. I think that Ferret Owners need to know
the vets to stay away from also.

People don't know what kind of service they are receiving, unless they
go somewhere else and receive better service. It makes a difference
when people know what they are talking about.

On the other hand, In the Houston area. Dr. Dori of

Northeast Houston Area:
Loop 494 Animal Hospital
Dr Dori Hertel
22326 Loop 494 Kingwood
(Ph 281-358-8893)

Is excellent!!! She performed the same identical surgery on another
one of our girls. She did it perfectly, the scar was so small that you
could hardly see it. she used stiches that were small. Our girl, was
up and moving in 1 day flat! Dr. Dori removed the tumor and performed
excellently on the ferret. Dr. Dori, is also a Ferret owner (3), and
her staff all own Ferrets also. She is the best Ferret Vet that I have
ever seen.

I recommend her for the whole Houston area.

Thank you.