From:
Craig Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1992 22:03:23 -0500
Chris,
    Just thought I'd write to tell how the formation of the Houston Area Ferret
    Association is going, my wife and I still wonder if we shouldn't have our
    heads examined. But we love our kids and even though we are just now getting
    an idea of the work that will be involved we are going ahead anyways.
    We took Brandi and Charlie out for their first personel appearance on
    Saturday. One of the local radio stations had a promo going at a pet food
    superstore and I know that one of the DJ's involved is a animal lover, in
    his spare time he runs a local humane ranch for larger animals. So I went
    up and started talking to him about our fledgling association, where upon
    the kids (Brandi & Charlie) along with my wife and I got an invitation to
    OPEN HOUSE at the Humane Ranch which they have once a month. These 2 guys
    are #1 in the Houston market, so I really felt good that they took an
    interest in us. This and the pet store owner that is helping us, gives
    me some hope that we will be sucessful. We are also thinking about going to
    Chicago for their annual elections, as we have been members there since we
    bought Charlie, to see how they run things and to try to get ideas on how to
    make things work.

         Thats all for now from Houston,

            Craig + Carole plus the kids (Brandi & Charlie)

    P.S. Anyone who has done this before, any and all suggestions would be
        appreciated. Thanks