From:
Mark Andrew Pendl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:17:26 -0500
Thank-you to everyone who helped me decide on what to do for Sammy.  He went
into surgery today, and is looking good so far, but I'm at work and cannot
wait to get home to check up on him.

Okay.  Here is the deal.  I don't mean to be a jerk or anything, but Sammy
was dropped off at the vet, and Dr. took him in.  Surgery started around
noon or 1:00pm, ended just around 2pm I guess.  I had him scheduled for a
"removal of growth on lower left abdomen." Imagine my shock when he came out
of the surgery with his back shaven and a sewn-up incision on his upper
right abdomen!  My temper has been better, I guess, because I didn't throw a
fit.  Rather, I just said, "uh, excuse me but..."

I showed them the pre-examination papers and said, "that's fine, but this is
the lump I wanted removed."  They said they had tried to contact me, but it
had to be after the surgery.  I called at 2pm and they said nothing about
multiple lumps.  Sammy had a large one (well, the size of a green pea) on
his right side, and one just a bit higher than that one.

My question is, shouldn't they have removed all of the suspicious lumps
while he was out cold?  Or do I have to put him through this again, and pay
for the anesthetic and everything again?

Gads.  I hate stitches on ferrets.  Makes me cringe.  `specially when they
are my little buddies.
| Mark A. Pendl                     |
| http://www.uwm.edu/~spam          |
| In the heart of Maricopa Province |