Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 23:38:17 -0500
     The behavior you described concerning your two new
ferrets is certainly normal. They are probably very excited
and at the same time cautious about their new surroundings
and new owners, especially if they were rescued from a
unhappy home as you were told. It takes time, attention, love
and patience to win a little ferrets heart over.
     It wasn't until recently that both of my ferrets have
taken to curling up in my lap, one on top of the other.
I have had them for about a year and a half. Being young
ferrets they were just too full of energy to want to snuggle
for any length of time. There is still times when they don't
want to be held , yet other times they love to be scratched,
tickled and smothered with kisses.
     As they mature they can change. My first ferret loved
nothing better than snoozing on my lap while I watched T.V.
or read a book.
     So as you and your ferrets get to know each other better,
the more trusting and affectionate they will become. Of course
occasionally treats don't hurt either. My ferrets wait eagerly
for me each morning because I bring them a plate of baby food
sweet potatoes, and there's nothing more endearing than a happy
ferret with orange sweet potatoes dripping from his furry
chin.
                                  Good luck,
                                  Judy*Weezul*Teebone