From:
Don Crano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 1997 22:52:13 -0400
Hi freinds of ferrets I was considering changing my litter type from
recycled newspaper to clumping litter.  I was wondering what possible
hazards could this litter cause?  I just thought clumping would be a bit
easier to handle and save me a bit of money.  Only being 18 calls for a slim
budget!!  I would never endanger my little ones so I thought it smart to ask
you wise folks on the FML and see if there are any dangers to this.I have 4
ferts and the run through a 20lbs bag of recycled litter in about 2wks.  The
papper litter doesn't absorb the smell of urine to well in my opinion.  It
would just make things so much easier to just scoop out clumps rather than
clean out the box if it has paper litter because the urine is absorbed into
the paper and dries so it is hard to scoop out each little peice of feces as
well as each little paper waude full of urine.  If you don't scoop it all
out the whole cage stinks of urine.  Please send all bad experiences with
clumping litter to me so I may regard these possibilties and reconsider the
changing of litter.  Please respond to me directly via e-mail.

 Thanx a million,

  Rob Crano & The Wacky Weasel Look Alikes
(Thyme,Cinnamon,Sage,&Basil)
 E-Mail [log in to unmask]