From:
Norm Goings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:58:59 -0800
I almost never post here, but my network is down at work so I'm doing so
today.  I couldn't sit by and let the "no bones" talk go without stating
my opinions.

If you'll read this page:  http://www.trifl.org/gravy.html  (thank you
a million times to whoever's page it is!) you'll read that according to
Bob Church, one of the main ingredients in a balanced ferret diet is
bones.  Mine eat raw chicken bones, have since they were very small kits
and are thriving.

A word of caution IMO would be about cooked bones.  It seems to me that a
cooked bone would be more likely to splinter and cause problems.

Remember folks, our cutesy little critters are carnivores.  Their
ancestors, polecats, survive to this day eating entire carcasses of prey
animals bones and all.  If choking on a bone were such an issue, I
imagine they'd have become extinct before our ferrets were bred from them!

Flame away, I can take it.

Norm