From:
Scott Lehman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:29:56 -0000
I would like to thank all you wonderful people who sent me suggestions on
how to administer prednisone.  I apologize in taking so long to respond.  We
have been on vacation and it has taken me a while to catch up on the FML
postings.  While reading, I realized that I had some replies to my original
question, again thanks.  While we are on the subject of prednisone, I have
to share with you a good laugh that I had at myself.  I went out searching
for Pedia-pred.  I visited several pharmacies, department stores, grocery
stores and pet shops all the while looking in the baby food section before
it dawned on me (DA!  Hit me over the head with a bat!) that this was a
prescription medication.  I felt really dumb, but I had a good laugh at
myself.

Gis is responding well to the prednisone and proglycem.  The day that I
picked up the proglycem, my pharmacist told me that I probably would not
want this stuff.  I asked him why and he stated because of the price.  I
responded that Gis needed it and he would have it.  The bottle that I got
should last approximately 8 months, so the price was not that bad.

I have a request of information from Pam Grant.  In your "Ferret Care and
Shelter Handbook", there is a recipe for insulinoma.  My problem is this, I
am unable to find some of the ingredients listed, ie: "Probalance, Chelated
Chromium, and Pet Tinic".  I have located Chromium Picolinate which the
salesperson said was better than Chelated Chromium, but I have to remember
that he is a salesperson.  The businesses that I have contacted have asked
me to supply the manufacturer's name and then they might be able to obtain
these products.  Do you have any idea who supplies these products?
Appreciate any and all input.

******From:    The Ferretously Funky One <[log in to unmask]>
******Subject: Wanted: collapsible cage, two ferrets in NC

I am not aware of many shelters in NC.  There is one in the Triad area.
Maybe Jeff Johnston of the Triangle Ferret Lovers group can help you with
locating two female fuzzies.  He posts on a regular basis.

Congratulations to Fran Wiles and Vickie McKimmey and their winning babies
at the recent Maryland show.  Wish I could have been there.

To Mo' Bob and Paw Paw (Tater & Odie),

I love your postings, you guys have a wicked sense of humor.  (Just what
does Mo' Bob stand for: More Bob?, Missouri Bob?, or ?  ( I can keep on
guessing?).

My prayers go out to those who have recently lost or have an ill furry
friend.  Bless all you wonderful ferret people

Margaret Ann and her babies: Princess, Gismo, Harley, Scooter, Coco,
Merlin, Rusty, Fancy, and new adoptee: Daisy (and of course, Scott, who
allows us to use his internet address in spite of a few flames)