From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 22:35:31 -0700
Cross Posted and please feel free to pass on..

O.K.!  Tonight I wanted to clear a few points, answer a few questions,
and give our plan.  First, at this point I am truly a middle guy.  All
facts I - or anyone- have stated are from Marie Wallace.  There seems
to be several folks posting things that are confusing the issue.  Let me
see if I can clarify any of these..  I, personally have not called the
local Humane Society where these ferrets are.  According to Marie, the
humane society in that area will euthanzie these ferrets immediately
upon arrival.  Again, I have not personally made that call.  I am
investigating this area as best I can..  Marie is saying that she is
trying to get photos as she goes while Jennifer and her Husband are
side-tracked.  Her plans are to go to court with what photos she has
and as an eye-witness.  I am not taking a stand on this issue as I am
not there and can not control this part.

If this situation were happening only locally, I would definitely do
several things differently, but I also have a shelter with some funding
as well as volunteers, etc.  Marie has none of that and is doing what
she thinks/thought best at the time...

Marie is NOT the hoarder.  Please make sure that is understood as it has
been confused..  She is just the person that the actual hoarder (Jennifer
Sippion) happened to call to get these ferrets out.

Ferrets-N-Limbo is doing everything we can to help -- we are NOT the
shelter closing...

Contacting info- at this point it is best to contact us concerning this
issue.  Maria does not have e-mail nor can she make long distance calls.
I am home from work after 7:00p.m. and awake (this week anyways- LOL)
until 11:00 p.m..  I am trying to get calls done/returned on my lunch
break as well.  All our contact info is listed below.  We do have call
waiting and I don't always click over- so if you call and it rings and
rings, please try back.  *****ANY rude, belligerent, or otherwise
offensive calls will not be taken.** I am trying to return e-mails
and postings, please be patient.

Now- THE PLAN: We have made arrangements to meet in Titusville at Marie's
house at 11:00 a.m. this Saturday, 9/15/03.  We will be removing all
of the ferrets from Jennifer's and bringing them to several isolation
homes here in the Orlando area.  Once here they will be kept in strict
quarantine, and hopefully vaccinated and ADV tested.  Than, we will
start working with those who have offered transport to other shelters...

NEEDS- immediate needs are transport this Saturday from Titusville to the
Orlando area.  Carriers are VERY needed.  If anyone has carriers to spare
we need them!!  If you need them back, we will happily bleach them before
returning them to you.  Isolation homes in our area.  Food is a biggy- we
will have to get an order in but it will not be filled before this week..
I believe they are currently eating Kitten Chow or Purina Kitten.  If
anyone can donate these or even certificates to Pet Stores, that will be
a huge need.  If you can help in any of these ways, please let us know.

Again, we want to get these guys out ASAP and get them situated, than we
will begin to get them to other homes, shelters.  I, personally, believe
it is important to the ferret community as a whole that we not start
dispersing these ferrets into the community before they are isolated,
examined, vaccinated and tested.  This is a philosophy of our shelter
and may not be popular but it is what we will be trying to do in this
situation.

Of course, financial need is GREAT!!  I would like to hear from folks who
have done other large rescues or SOS on if United will do our tests and
"bill" us as to give the ferret community a chance to help by sending $$
directly to them.  I will update on further donations directly to vets
etc. when we have gotten to that point.

I apologize for bad typing or incoherence.  My eyes are blurry and my
fingers stiff.  LOLOL I am making another pot of coffee and returning
more e-mails..  Forgive bad grammar and spelling errors from me this
week.

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization