Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:12:33 -0400
We have had ferrets as pets since 1993 (at one times we had eight).  We
have carpet in our ferretproof condo and are planning to purchase
laminate flooring.  Our current ferrets have the run of the condo 24/24
hours and sometimes urinate and/or defecate next to the newspaper instead
of right on the newspaper.

Do any of you have laminate floors and have ferrets who have accidents?
If so, since when do you have this type of flooring; what is the
manufacturer and model; how did the floor (especially the joint) react
to urine puddles?

I read an article, written in May 2002 in a Quebec consumer report
magazine.  Unfortunately, it tested only 7 brands for water puddles.
It rated well the product of two manufacturers for resistance to water
puddles but one product did not rate well for joints.  I found this
article very useful but was hoping to get some feedback on more brands
to find out which ones have strong joints and puddle resistance.

Our ferrets: Pitchou Holstein, Typhon, Mordicus Maximus dit le Patapouf,
Maboul Goldfinger aka Monsieur Pisse Pisse