From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:45:15 -0500
There's a big difference between kid-proof & ferret-proof cabinet
latches... most kid-proof (with a lever you push in) ones will still allow
the door to open enough for a ferret to squeeze through... We now know Amy
doesn't have any Fruit Loop addicted fuzzies playing around cabinets (LOL).

Actually, the most effective cabinet latch I've found is the type with the
dual plastic rollers that has a v-shaped peg (that attaches to the door)
that slips between the rollers (attached to the cabinet shelf).  There's
also a dual roller type that has a c-shaped catch that slips around the
rollers.  Using two of these latches ON THE BOTTOM shelf will deterred
even the most persistent fuzzy who's absolutely positive the Fruit Loops
are behind door number 3.

And, too, the roller latches are usually cheaper than the kid-proofing
stuff.  But you do generally have to go to a real hardware store to get
them.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home