Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 16:18:06 CST
Of coarse the easiest way to find a lost ferret is if you have a noise that
they come to, maybe a favorite squeeky toy.  You might want to get them
acustomed to a noise you make.  Make it while giving them a treat so that
they know its you and they expect something pleasent when the come.  I
started making a snicking sound whenener I gave my little Betsy a treat of
any kind, usualy linetone; Now whenever I make the noise she comes running
up to me.  If she is hiding somewhere and still won't come out for a treat
one noise she can't resist is a dolphin.  I'm sure many of you don't have
anything that makes dolphin noises but I collected dolphin stuff for a long
time, and the noise is similar to a ferret's dooking noise.  I have a
stuffed animal you squeeze and a pen that makes noise when you click it
down, it's a lot of fun to watch her come running out in search of "that
noise".  Well I hope this might help, in case you loose your ferret in the
future, you'll have a way to find them.

                                -Kim and Betsy