From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:42:55 -0700
I would like to thank everyone for their donations, love and support with
the two new adrenal ferrets.  Butterscotch (Scotty) and Coco.  They are
doing pretty good.  Scotty has decided that duck soup does taste good....
but Coco has decided that hiding shoes is better.  I am training him to
put the shoes in my closet and not in his cage.  We are still working on
this though I think he is winning.  So, I just have to hunt for my shoes
when I need them...gotta love these little ones!

Here is the WONDERFUL news!  We adopted out 4 on Sunday!  Yep...can you
believe it?!!  they went in pairs: Samantha and Sunny.  Then Dozer and
Chompie.  I am glad to see them in new homes...but also so very sad to
see them leave.

So, remaining in the shelter:
Adoptable:  Sammy (1 year old male)
Permanent:  Buster (5 year old male, insulinoma) (doing just fine by the
way...eating soup, taking med. and sleeping)
Awaiting surgery:  Coco and Butterscotch (4 years old - adrenal)

We have 3 more coming from Phoenix November 2nd.  2 are 5 years old and
one is 4 years old.  Two are males.  Don't know too much about them.  But
the owner does really care about them.  But she just can't keep them and
her little sister is moving in, she has asthma.  So, they will be coming
here.

I have been updating our website and we have added Morning Starr Animal
Santuary to our page to try to help them with adopting out ferrets.  If
you are in the Cottonwood, Arizona area and want to adopt a ferret you
should check them out.  They currently have 12 ferrets up for adoption
(though not all are on our page yet).

www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter