Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 22:51:36 -0400
Today I had to have Fender put to sleep.

He was doing really well on his heart meds for past two weeks.  But we took
him to the hospital last night because he was having trouble urinating, and
ultra-sounds showed that the masses in his liver had spread to his kidney,
abdomen, prostate, etc. and his white blood cell count was high.  He wasn't
in too much pain yet, and I decided it would be best to do it today before
that happened.

It was hard coming home without him.  Cleaning up his papers and his cage.
But I know it's for the best.

For 6 3/4 years he was my little buddy, carting around the country with me;
never caring where we were as long as he had a soft place to snuggle up in;
hiding my hairbrushes and putting my shoes back in the closet for me at
night; waiting on the bath mat to lick my feet when I got out of the shower.
I will miss him and although I've never believed in much outside of what I
can see, I hope that wherever he is he is not in pain.

In Memory of Fender
Dec. 1989-August 16, 1996

Love,
Tracey Stroock  :'-(